Daily News Each weekday, REALTOR ® Magazine applies a real estate lens to top headlines from major news sources and trend reports, alongside timely updates from NAR.
- Biden Plan Calls for $25B in Rental Assistance, Extending Eviction Banon January 15, 2021 at 6:00 am
The president-elect’s $1.9 trillion stimulus plan includes several housing-related proposals to address the pandemic’s devastating economic impact.
- Mortgage Rates Rise After Record All-Time Lows Last Weekon January 15, 2021 at 6:00 am
“Borrowers are smart to take advantage of these low rates now and will certainly benefit as a result,” Freddie Mac’s chief economist says.
- Ski Town Home Buying Is Gaining Against Beachside Getawayson January 15, 2021 at 6:00 am
Second-home snowbird buyers have tended to favor warmer, sunnier climates. But interest in ski towns is surging, a new report from realtor.com® finds.
- FHFA Extends Relaxed Pandemic Lending Standardson January 15, 2021 at 6:00 am
The Federal Housing Finance Agency will continue allowing alternative appraisals and employment verifications until Feb. 28 to ease settlement delays.
- NAR’s Utility Model for Fannie, Freddie Garners Supporton January 15, 2021 at 6:00 am
New research shows a mortgage market utility structure for GSEs could protect taxpayers, maintain market stability, and promote affordable housing.
- Airbnb Cancels D.C. Reservations During Inaugurationon January 14, 2021 at 6:00 am
Responding to pressure from local, state, and federal officials, the short-term rental site is helping to keep the public away from the nation’s capital.